Saturday 20 December 2008

Tonight before I go to sleep I'm going to eat some cheese so I will have wild, fantastical dreams.
Wensleydale & cranberry. My favourite.
Or perhaps second favourite to white stilton & cranberry.

Women will dance in beautiful candy coloured ballgowns to a gloomy waltz.
They'll dance with bears in suits with feathers on the shoulders.
Peacocks will walk around the edge of the dancefloor.
The King Wolf & Queen Fox will oversee everything.

A girl with dark dark brown hair will stroll through a pretty meadow.
In silver shoes & white knee high socks & too-big jumper dress.
Unbeknown to her, she steps in to a ring of daisies.
She shrinks to the size of a toadstool & grows airy fairy wings.

Lost in a ruined castle at night, she stumbles across the crumbling walls.
The full moon shines through the windows.
She cannot find the way out but she does not stop looking, deep sharp breaths.
The noises of the night are unfriendly & cruel.



3 smiles:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful.

Lenore said...

That was amazing...I once ate cheese before bed, and my dreams were amazing. <3

xoxo

Maddie M. said...

Wow that was so fantastic... Lovely, lovely. I'm Sprinkle, the maker of Secret Fairy Wishes, the tag that Rosie Posie Rosie tagged you with, and I was just wondering if you were planning on completeing the tag? I'm very excited to see how you interpret it, since you're so obviously creative. :)
You can find out more at secretfairywishes.blogspot.com, and let me know when you complete it on my main blog, sprinkle-diary.blogspot.com! Thanks, dearest! Happy Day After Christmas!
Sprinkle